Wednesday 16 May 2012

VV to Vientiane to Khao Lak Day 25 & 26

Hi all,
Jeremy was going to write these posts but I managed to do them when he was sick just before he ended up in hospital :( At least he is better now so hopefully he will be blogging again soon!
Also as another aside I have managed to delete all our daily summaries off the iPad which means we have to write them from memory, so please bear with us for the remaining posts - thats if anyone is still reading :)

So after the craziness that is tubing in Vang Vieng I wake up early feeling awful. After my 4th trip to the bathroom I realise its more than just a hangover and that I have picked up what Jeremy and I have dubbed the Laos tummy.
Great stuff, I have the 3 hour journey to Vientiane to look forward to!
Anyway we go back to sleep until the last possible minute before we have to leave. We had decided to give the 'VIP' bus a try and I'm so glad we did. We had aircon the whole way and the road is a lot straighter than our last journey so all in all I managed :)
We get to Vientiane and all I can think of is sleeping, so Jeremy finds us a hotel, Douang Deuane and I have a bit of a nap. Eventually I start feeling a bit better so we go for a bit of a walk around. We eventually get a take away pizza from across the street from the hotel, and it is surprisingly good. I have a couple of pieces and decide to call it a day. Jeremy heads off to an internet cafe to do some catching up and then it early to bed for us.
The next morning we are up bright and early to start our day long travelling to Khao Lak. After weighing up the options we had decided to fly from Vientiane to Bangkok rather than the overnight train,and given the way I was feeling it was definitely the right choice.
We flew Laos airlines and they were actually pretty good. The plane was brand new and we got some snacks on board which is a change from the likes of air asia!
Anyway we get to bangkok with 5 hours to kill so we decide what better way to kill time in Thailand than by having a massage. So half an hour and a back massage later Jeremy and I are feeling a lot more relaxed and ready to take on the next leg of the trip.
We eventually arrive in Phuket after a pretty smooth flight with Air Asia,with some great scenery. After debating another hour or so wait for the bus we decide that the 1800baht for the taxi is probably worth it. So after 1h30min drive we eventually arrive in Khao Lak. Woohoo!
For those of you that don't know we actually decided on Khao lak because Philip and Estie, some friends of ours from South Africa, told us at the wedding that they will be there in April. We realised that it was possible for us to join them so we thought why not? I'm so glad we did. The Haadson Resort where we stayed was just great. It's about the only resort on the stretch of beach and there only about 4 restaurants on the beach too. Great for getting away from it all.
The resort itself is great, really nice attention to detail, and they upgraded us to a villa which was amazing. Very spacious, and it had a really nice balcony,which I used to do some yoga on a couple of mornings which was pretty amazing- wish I could always do my yoga in that setting.
Anyway after a swim in the pool we have a bit of a nap and then decide to check out the hotel restaurant for dinner as we just can't be bothered to look for anywhere else... The food was really good, Jeremy had the green curry (which you will come to realise is his go-to thai meal) and I had a noodle dish with wide flat rice noodles that was just delicious.
After dinner Philip, Estie, little Reece and Philips parents arrive back from their dinner in Khao Lak town and Philip joined us for a beer.
We chat about what we've been up to, and tell him some of our crazy stories and then its early night for us!




Signpost in Vientiane - although I'm pretty sure CPT is more than 1058km away :)




Beautiful scenery from the plane window




Swans on the bed for the Newlyweds- Haadson Resort




Dinner :)

No comments:

Post a Comment