Friday 8 May 2015

USA road trip - Final thoughts

Everyone that you speak to after returning from our trip wants to know what the highlights were. I can honestly say it is so difficult to pick out just one thing that stands out for me.
We enjoyed every bit of our trip, and there is no place I would've left off if I had to do it again.
Yes going from sunny California to freezing Chicago was tough, and maybe we should've rather done the cold first, but I loved Chicago. It's such a cool city with such a different feel to New York that I wouldn't have wanted to miss it.

However some of the things I really enjoyed on this trip are:

Driving down the Pacific Coast highway, which has to be up there as one of the prettiest drives I have done in my life.


Hiking up Runyon Canyon and just LA in general was really fun. I can't really tell you why but its probably just because it's a city you see on TV or in films so often that it was just cool to finally see it in real life.


Grand Canyon, really the pictures don't do it justice. One of the most incredible sights I have seen.


Vegas and all it's crazy, party fun.

Chicago I loved. The freezing cold boat trip was probably a highlight, at the time it definitely wasn't but now I can look back on it and laugh. And it's certainly something I won't forget.


New York City, even the second time round I loved the city. I really enjoyed this time round spending more time exploring the boroughs and really getting a feel for it.




1 comment: